Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Memory Lane... New Goal!

For some ridiculous reason, I decided I was cleaning my room completely today. Not only was it exhausting and took forever (I still have clothing to sort out!), I realised as I sat amidst my stuff lying around everywhere that the plan I had woken up with and thinking it a good idea, was clearly mistaken!

However something came out of it, as I found my ribbon stash that wasn't from April or Evo's shows. They were my ribbons back in the day when I went to a riding school, and when I helped a friend with her own horses at an in hand event. Sorting through them, I found the younger me had written on the back of each ribbon stating what one was for, and when I came across a 3rd in 60cm jumping, I was slightly stunned.

I remember the ride, and remember winning it now, but its very surreal. To look now at the fact that I find a pole propped up on tyres scary enough to go over, let alone a jump with any substance. Yet back then 60cm was small to me! The worst thing is, I never had a jumping accident to make me scared, but I just don't feel like I can jump these days. I used to on April, but I used to do anything on her.

So thinking it over, I've decided I'm going to jump Honey. I need to overcome this odd fear, and whilst I can't see it happening any time soon (haha said the same thing about cantering earlier this week), I think its a good goal to set. It doesn't have to be a big one, 40cm perhaps? I'm going to work towards it anyways!

I just thought I'd briefly leave this goal here, so if I forget it, when I read over my blog, I'll be reminded! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to return here with pictures of it one day!!

Chelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment