Saturday, January 8, 2011

An Introduction of Sorts!

If you've stumbled across this blog, then you're either a fellow Equestrian enthusiast, or someone who has an interest in reading the inner thoughts of a horse crazed adult, who wants the world, but needs to work towards achieving it first.

My name is Rochelle, I'm currently 24yrs old, and I have been riding horses for the past thirteen years, although I'm far from being someone who can comfortably ride a horse at the basic gaits. A part of that has to do with the nerves that I was gifted when I was about 15, where the "I'll jump anything you put in front of me and go as fast as my horse will carry me" attitude was met with the reality of my first broken bone. I guess you can say whilst I love the sport, I'm more paranoid than the average flighty Thoroughbred!! The other, more larger part is because I'm partially damaged, and have little strength to my right leg. I won't bore you with the logistics, but because of this, I've spent more time dreaming of riding, than the actual reality in the past two years.

However, I recently received a great dose of confidence and motivation to ignore the pain and just ride. So with the notion of not only starting a brand new year of 2011, I thought it would only make sense since there's been so many changes with the beginning of this new decade, to document it for the masses (I kid, we all know it's just my friends who have nothing better to do) who will read this blog!


Changes, for a totally new horse experience!

I've owned my own horses since I was 16. In that period of time, I had Bailey, my first pony, as my only horse for about 3 months or so. Since then, there's only been an extra month where I only had one horse, as I sold my second mare April, and looked around before buying my gelding, Evo. That was back in 2007, and from then I had two, and then three horses when I got Honey a year and a half later. Tomorrow when I go to the paddock, I will only find one horse there - Honey. Today Evo moved along in his journey of being a dressage/show pony to a home where he could actually be one. He was bought by me with all the right intentions, but not having the physical ability to ride such a forward moving, expressive animal, made me make the decision to give him what he so rightly deserves. And whilst it only has seemed to hit now, that the day is basically over and I'm almost ready for bed, I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. Perhaps because that Evo has gone to a home much like the one I used to offer him, although with the ability to get him out and about. I'm super excited for him, and wish him and his new owner the best luck!

And that leaves me with my beloved ginger mare, who suits me in every way to dabble through a world where she learns how to school under saddle and I learn how to trust again in my riding, in myself and most importantly in my horse.

I'm excited, because 2011 has signalled a new start, one that has already started despite the few days we've had into this year.

I hope you join us on this journey, I'll try to keep it interesting!!

Chelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment